Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 7: Sketches



I made these five sketches with a black pen and five sheets of white computer paper. The first sketch, I drew five thick black bars with a man pushing the bars out of the way to escape the music. I drew music notes in between each bar except where the man is escaping from. The second sketch, I drew a SXU radio on 88.3that has music notes coming out of both of the speakers. On the speaker on the right I have a man escaping out of the radio using a ladder. The third sketch, I have an old radio that is playing music from 88.3 and I showed this by drawing music notes coming out of the speakers. Also, I drew a man breaking free from a chain that was connected to the radio. On the fourth sketch, I drew a music line that had various music notes chasing a man who is trying to escape. On the fifth sketch, I drew a microphone that was on the air and sound coming out of it. Then I drew a man escaping the microphone using a knotted rope. I arranged each sketch to make sure that I was accomplishing the concept of the slogan "Escape from Ordinary Radio." I am conrolling the viewer's eye by contrasting lines by making items darker and filling in items with a black pen. These are five sketches of a man tring to run from ordinary radio. I am trying to say that you can explain a concept of a slogan through images instead of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment