Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 8: Final Sketches

I made these three sketches with a pencil, black pen, eraser, and five sheets of blank computer paper. First I drew all three sketches in pencil and retraced the images in pen. I erased all of the pencil markings to make the sketches clean and look sharp. The first sketch, I drew 96.3's ordinary music lines and 88.3's curvy music lines that has various notes and people listening to the station. I also drew a ladder that connects the two radio stations too represent the people escaping the ordinary radio to listen to 88.3. The second sketch, I drew 96.3's radio tower with very little signal in the distance and 88.3's large radio tower with a lot of signal. I drew a handful of people leaving the ordinary 88.3's radio station and heading to their escape of 88.3. The third sketch, I drew an ordinary ipod and a radio playing 88.3's radio station with music notes coming out of the speakers. I drew a ladder connecting these to items where people are escaping to 88.3's radio station. I arranged these sketches this way to show that people are escaping ordinary radio and going to the exciting 88.3 radio station. I am controlling the viewer's eye by making the people and music notes stick out more. I filled in the circles of the heads of the people and the music notes making these items very bold. These sketches are accomplishing the 88.3 slogan, "The escape from Ordinary Radio." These three sketches that show people leaving the ordinary radio behind and going to their escape, the 88.3 radio station. I am trying to say that you can explain a concept through images instead of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment