Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 10: Final Digitally Produced Sketch


I made this entire image on Photoshop with the help of the images on the internet. My classmates had a problem with the first digitally produced sketch because it seemed that the people were leaving an older radio that seemed to be broken to attend a dance party. My classmates didn't like how the older radio was higher than the new radio and it seemed that the people were descending to a less important radio. Also they didn't like the fact that the new 88.3 radio was flat. First, I grabbed group one and positioned the new radio higher to look more important. I made the details of the radio stick out more by using bevel and emboss making the features on the radio more realistic. Then, I grabbed group two and brought the ordinary radio lower to look less important. Next, I recreated the bright red ladder to connect the new positioned radios together. Then, I recreated the music notes for the newer radio giving the notes more definition. I made smaller, flat music notes that are black and boring for the ordinary radio so that it didn't seem to be broken. I arranged things this way to make it seem like the stick people were leaving an ordinary radio and upgrading to an exciting new radio. I made the new radio look more realistic with features that stick out more. I am accomplishing the concept of the slogan  "The Escape of Ordinary Radio" better in this is final image by rearranging a few details. I am able to explain the slogan in this image better because it shows the people leaving an ordinary radio too escape to the exciting 88.3. I am controlling the viewer's eye using a bright red for the color of the ladder that is contrasting to the other colors. This is a digitally produced sketch of people escaping to 88.3 from ordinary radio. I am trying to say that you can understand a concept of a slogan through images instead of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment