Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 9: Digitally Produced Sketch


I made this entire image on Photoshop with the help of images on the internet. First, I opened a new layer and made the new radio using the rectangular marquee tool. After I decided on the color of the radio I began to add the details to the radio. Each individual detail was its own layer so that I could move each item where it fit best. For the dial and the speakers, I used the circular marquee and once I made the shape I wanted I duplicated the layer to have a set of matching dials and speakers. When I was satisfied with the radio, I moved all the layers into group one so that I could move the radio all together. Then, I began to work on the older radio using the rectangular and circular marquee tool to get the perfect shape. I began to add the details of the older radio on its own layer  so that I could move each individual item. I duplicated the speakers and the dials to get the exact same shape of each detail of the radio. When I was satisfied with the radio, I put all of the layers into group two. Next, I began to work on the ladder to connect each of the radios using the rectangular marquee tool. After making one step to fit inside the ladder, I duplicated the layer seven times to make seven matching steps. I put all of these layers into group three to be able to move the ladder as a whole. Then I began to create four different types of stick people: sitting down in two different ways, walking down the stairs, and dancing. I created these stick figures by using the circular marquee tool for theirs heads and the paintbrush for their bodies. Once I created one of each different bodies, I duplicated a few more to scatter them around the new radio and coming down the stairs. Last, I made the music notes by using the circular and rectangular marquee tool. Once I had the different shapes I was looking for I duplicated the layers and changed the colors. I arranged this image this way to accomplish the concept of the slogan "The Escape of Ordinary Radio." I arranged the stick people leaving the ordinary radio too escape to the exciting 88.3 radio. I am controlling the viewer's eye by using a bright red for the color of the ladder. This is a digitally produced sketch of people escaping to 88.3 from the ordinary radio. I am trying to say that you can understand a concept of a slogan through images instead of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment