Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 13: Final Bike Painting


I made this painting out of various photos that I took of different bike parts that I turned into paintbrushes. I remade my two bike paintings using the same bike paint brushes that I made. I had to fix the composition of the paintings and make one part stick out from the rest of the parts. I also had to include black and white in the paintings. First, I opened a new document on U.S. paper that was 11 x 8.5 on RGB. I started on my first layer using one color and only one paintbrush. This painting is using the neighboring colors of pink and purple, but with a wide variety of different tones between these two colors. Some layers varied between light and dark and also being completely covered to only having one stamp. I used my air cap to paint the entire layer black to use as the background color. I used my bike stand as a stamp and stamped the layer six times on the each side of the painting.  When I was done with all ten layers, I arranged the different layers until I was satisfied with these two paintings. I arranged these two paintings this way too have the focus to be on the bike wheels in the first painting and the pedals in the second painting. I am controlling the viewers eye by making the bike wheel on the top layer be more dominant and bright. The wheel has more a contrast against the black background and sticks out more. For the second painting, I have the the pedals contrasting against the  the bike reflectors and and the black background. The wheels and pedals stick out more because they are opposite colors compared to the colors in the background. These are two paintings that I made out of my own paintbrushes by using various parts of bikes. This means you can express an idea in this case a bike without using an actual bicycle. By using different parts helps get the idea that this painting is representing bicycles. I’m trying to say that by expressing a symbol by using various parts from the item can also get the point across.
      

I made these two paintings that are called "Birdie Love" and "White Christmas" out of the preset brushes on Photoshop. I remade these paintings to fix the composition of the last set of paintings and have one idea stand out more. I also had to include black and white into my paintings.  First, I opened a new document on U.S. paper that was 11 x 8.5 on RGB. I started on my first layer using one color and only one paintbrush. This painting is using the neighboring colors of blue and green, but with a wide variety of different tones between these two colors.Some layers varied between light and dark and also being completely covered to only having one stamp. I used one paintbrush to paint the entire layer black making this layer the background layer. I added white swirls all over another layer to bring white into the painting and more contrast. I made the two birds and tree large and very dark to contrast from the background. When I was finished with all twenty layers, arranged the different layers until I was satisfied with these two paintings. In the "Birdie Love" painting, I arranged the layers so that the two love birds were more dominant and very large. compared to the other stamps.  In the "White Christmas" painting, I arranged the layers so that the dark green tree would be more dominant and stick out more. I am controlling the viewers eye by making the birds and tree very dark contrast from the background. Also, I made them very large and in the center to attract more attention. These are two paintings that I  made out of using other peoples paintbrushes. This means when you are finished with each layer can arrange the layers to make completely different paintings. The more layers you create with various differences from each layer can produce more interesting paintings. I'm trying to say that the more different paintings you can create from one set of layers, can help choose which is the best and worst painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment