Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 15: Final Bike Lakeview Lamp Post

I made this entire image on Photoshop with the help of images on the internet. I remade this lamp post image using the same tools, but just fixing a few things. First, I had to add "Bike Lakeview" on the bottom of the canvas to tie everything together. I made this title in white to stand out more and contrast against the background colors. Then I had to fix the font on the Chicago Park District signs by making the font clearer and less filling. Next, I had to delete majority of the sailboats because the viewer's eye were being drawn to the many sailboats instead of the bike path and the bikes. Also, I had to delete a few of my bikes on the bike path and make it less cluttered. I arranged this canvas this way to make it simpler by deleting a few of the repeated objects. I arranged the painting this way so that people could see the bike path going through all of the sub neighborhoods of Lakeview next to the lake. I am controlling the viewer’s eye by using contrasting colors next to one another especially with the black objects. I am trying to accomplish the title, “Bike Lakeview,” for the lamp post canvas for the neighborhood of Lakeview in Chicago. This means you can express a whole neighborhood in this case Lakeview by pulling in different elements that represent a neighborhood. I'm trying to say to say you can express an idea by showing a scene from that neighborhood. I am trying to explain the slogan by pulling in the bike and bike paths with the lake on the side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment