Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 14: Bike Lakeview Lamp Post

I made this entire image on Photoshop with the help of images on the internet. First I opened up a new document in Photoshop 180 x 24 inches, 150 DPI, and RGB. I decided to go with the real option meaning possible purchase along with being all original images. I opened a new layer and used the polygon lasso tool to make the bike path and used the paint bucket to color the path. Then I used the rectangular tool and made one of the yellow lines of the road. I duplicated the layer ten times and scattered the lines evenly throughout the bike path. I opened another layer and used the polygon lasso tool to make the left side of the image grass and the right the lake. I used the bike stand stamp from the last project to make a wave effect in the blue. I opened seven layers, and on each layer I used a different blue and scattered the bike stand stamp. Once I was done filling in all the spots with a different colored wave, I arranged the layers until I was satisfied with the lake. Then I opened up two more documents in Photoshop 8.5x 11 inches, 300 DPI, Grayscale. I made a bike and a sailboat on each document and selected all and defined both of them as a paint brush. I opened a new layer and stamped seven bikes going up and down the bike path. Then I stamped the sailboats all along the lake and made them various sizes. Next, I remade the Chicago Park District signs using the rectangular tool and the text box and put the five sub-neighborhoods: Wrigleyville, Lakeview East, Roscoe Village, Diversey Harbor, and Belmont Harbor on each sign. I arranged the painting this way so that people could see the bike path going through all of the sub neighborhoods of Lakeview next to the lake. I am controlling the viewer’s eye by using contrasting colors next to one another especially with the black objects. . I am trying to accomplish the title, “Bike Lakeview,” for the lamp post canvas for the neighborhood of Lakeview in Chicago. This means you can express a whole neighborhood in this case Lakeview by pulling in different elements that represent a neighborhood. I'm trying to say to say you can express an idea by showing a scene from that neighborhood. I am trying to explain the slogan by pulling in the bike and bike paths with the lake on the side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment