Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 2: Photos



I made this with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream, chocolate syrup, fresh strawberries, a banana, whip cream, Nabisco cookies, chopped peanuts, and cherries. First, I sliced a banana in half and placed it into a banana split dish. I scooped three scoops of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream each. I placed each flavor of ice cream beside each other in between the banana. Next, I poured fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup over the ice cream. Then, I topped the sundae with whip cream, chopped peanuts, three Nabisco cookies, and three cherries. I arranged the sundae this way because this how to make a proper Battleship sundae according to Lindy’s Chili & Gertie’s Ice Cream. I am controlling the viewer’s eye by placing the three bright red cherries at the top of the sundae. The eye quickly works its way down to the bottom of the sundae where the banana is located. This photo is of a Battleship sundae. This sundae received its name because it is in the shape of a battleship. It has three Nabisco cookies to represent the three towers you would find on this particular ship. I’m trying to say that a sundae can represent a real life object if one uses their imagination

No comments:

Post a Comment