Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 3: Re-shoot


I made this picture with two onion rings and a set of eyeballs. First, I picked out a handful of onion rings of all different sizes. I made sure that I had two onion rings around the same size. Second, I placed all the onion rings into a fryer to cook and when they were all done I let them sit to cool off. I placed the onion rings on a paper towel to let the grease soak up before I took any pictures. Next, I had my co-worker take two onion rings around the same size and place them up to her eyes to make glasses. Then, I made sure that the onion rings were in the center and were showing her eyes a certain way. I arranged the photo like this to show both of the whole eyeballs. I am controlling the viewer’s eye by starting with the outside of the onion ring and making its way towards the center of inside the eyeball. The eye goes from the outside frame to next inner frame and ends up in the pupil of the eye. This photo is of onion ring glasses. This means that you can use onion rings as fake glasses because they have holes for each eye to see out of. I’m trying to say that onion rings can represent something other than food when you become creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment